Visit Maramures! One of the last unspoiled places of Europe!
Maramures is all about the land, the ancient way of life and the people. Everywhere you look, creates images in your mind, of fairytales!
Maramures is the northern part of Transylvania, known as 'The Land Beyond the Forest'
The land, gently undulating, is covered with hills and valleys, rivers and haystacks; ways of farming unchanged for centuries. Working the fields by hand, using scythes and rakes, hoes, axes and other medieval farming implements. Cartloads, stacked high and wide,
pulled by horses, bring the harvests home. Roads winding through hills and valleys... not a motorway to be seen, in
this county! Here are few fences, animals free to graze, tended only by local old folks or shepherds.
What an image!
An abundance of fruit and nut trees Bushes bursting with wild berries, to help yourselves to, whilst rambling through the fields and woodlands.
Hike through ancient forests, following footprints of bears, wild cats and boars.
You'll find four proper seasons in Maramures. Beautiful spring, showered in blossom, after a snow covered, freezing winter. Long, hot summer days, with beautiful starry nights, followed by a rich and glorious array of colours, in the Autumn.
Maramures is famous for its wooden architecture. Tall spires of the traditional wooden churches can be seen from a distance, often built on top of a hill, in the middle of the village. Old traditional wooden houses with shingle roofs. Ornately carved, entrance gates... even a cemetery, where the headstones are hand carved, depicting the lives of people deceased!
Village people, who's lives revolve around subsistence farming are hard working, but lead a healthy lifestyle.
It is difficult to imagine '1st world' stress here; there is little evidence of consumerism, in the rural areas. Where nothing, is more important than 'family'. The older generations, are revered and still have a purpose in life. Every family member, no matter how old or young, gets involved with day to day household and farming chores.
Neighbours...discuss and gossip.. over the garden fence, in the streets or out in the fields, the daily happenings, no matter how insignificant. Families and friends gather for 'entertainment', usually at home, to spend time together and share their stories. Always.. there is food on the table and a bottle of palinca! Most of all, they are known for there genuine hospitality. You can expect a warm welcome and often an invitation to join for warm donuts, and a small glass of Palinca!
Private Guided Tour in Maramures and Transylvania
The remote villages from Maramures, northwest of Romania, convinced the journalists from Daily Mail to write an article about the beauty of this area. [...]
How the idea came, how I started, why I quit my television job etc [...]
Maramures is all about the land, the ancient way of life and the people. Everywhere you look, creates images in your mind, of fairytales! [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 360.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 550.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 395.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 495.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2020 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 1100.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€
John Bend, Oregon" “George was very flexible, professional and great to travel with.”
[He] was able to meet all our needs [...]
Gilbert, Tel Aviv, Israel" "Ideal tourguide for a success excursion. Thanks, George !"
We spent 4 days trips with George, Director of Touring Romania. [...]