Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour
25% discount for 2020!
For Christmas Time and New Year Celebration, please send a request !
As far as off-the-beaten path goes, the Christmas Markets of Transylvania combine the charm of Saxon towns with the festive holiday spirit. The usually delightful Transylvanian towns are even prettier in winter, shining bright with the colourful hanging lights, beautifully decorated trees and the squares buzzing with cheerful people. The joy of Christmas is shared by all, so join the festivities and let the magic in.
Day 1: Starting off in Bucharest, the first step of the day is the magnificent Peles Castle in the mountain resort of Sinaia. As soon as it comes into view against a snowy backdrop, you will feel as if you’ve been transported in between the pages of a fairytale. With a fascinating architecture and even more gorgeous interiors, it’s hard not to fall in love with it.
After Peles, it’s off to Brasov. The old town resides quietly at the foothills of the Tampa mountain. The main square is nestled between rows of colourful buildings and bordered by the imposing Black Church. The centrepiece, is, of course, the Christmas Tree right in the middle. Head into the square at dusk, mingling with the locals and warming yourself up with a cup of mulled wine.
Overnight in Brasov
Day 2: Next morning, travel to Bran Castle. Discover its secret passageways, climb to the top to take in the wintery views and find out the real story of Dracula.
After that, travel through the countryside dusted with silvery snow, and stop in the village of Viscri. A Saxon jewel, the Fortified Church is a symbol of the traditional rural life and history of the place. After your visit, enjoy a delicious lunch in the village.
It’s then only a short ride to Sighisoara. The narrow streets and pastel-coloured houses are safely hidden within the citadel walls, where some of its former towers still stand tall.
In the evening, attend the small Christmas Market here. Wander around and let yourself be transported back in time.
Overnight in Sighisoara
Day 3: After breakfast, travel onwards to Sibiu, with a stop at the Biertan Fortified Church. By lunchtime, you will arrive in Sibiu. The medieval atmosphere lives through the cobbled streets of the main squares connected by the old Clock Tower and the curious houses lined along the alleys.
The Christmas Market lights up at night as a blanket of star-like lights illuminate the square. The wooden stalls dotting the squares will lure you in with their mouth-watering smells. Give in to the temptation of the festive street food, such as wursts, traditional cabbage or beans. If you’re in the mood for something sweet, give the kurtos a try.
Overnight in Sibiu
Day 4: By now, you would have admired the towering mountains from afar. Today you will be getting up close and personal to nature. Take the scenic cable car over the valleys and snow-dusted trees, all the way to Balea Lake. From the cable car, you can just glimpse the outline of the Transfagarasan road, buried deep under snow.
Once you reach the top of the mountain, it’s a completely different world. White is all around, from the icy peaks to the carpet of snow covering the frozen lake. Get your heart racing with winter activities such as snowmobiling or enjoy a cup of hot chocolate taking in the panoramic views. You can also visit the Ice Hotel, built every year with ice from the lake.
In the evening, return to Sibiu, for another round of Christmas magic.
Overnight in Sibiu
Day 5: We meet in the morning for your transfer back to your Bucharest hotel. Here, you can enjoy Bucharest Christmas Market. Thank you for choosing Romania and we hope that you are going back home with a feeling of peacefulness.
Overnight in Bucharest
|2-3 persons *||635|
|4-5 persons *||505|
|6 persons * ...||450|
For single accommodation: + 100 euro
* price per person
** for 4 star accommodation: extra 100 euro per person for all 4 nights
*** for a larger group, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 nights accommodation 3&4 star / breakfast included
- Private car / minivan – air conditioning – all transport costs included
- Private guide in English and driver
- 1 traditional meal
- Admission for all sites in the itinerary
- Planning the itinerary
- 3 Unesco World Heritage sites
- All expenses for guide / driver
- 1 photo fee at Peles Castle
- Travel and Health insurances
- Other meals than mentioned
Note: if one of these accommodations is not available, we’ll provide another one at same standards
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 360.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 550.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 395.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2020 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 1100.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€
Simone - London, UK" “Fantastic guide, knowledgeable, personable and proffesional”
As he has spent time as a journalist too his knowledge in other areas is extensive making interesting conversation. [...]