Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour
25% discount for 2020!
Discover vibrant Capital of Romania: Old City Center, beautiful parks, second biggest building in the world - Palace of the Parliament, Village Museum, the Story of Romanian Anti-Communist Revolution
Village Museum - Palace of the Parliament – Romanian Patriarchy - Victoria Avenue – Historical Center - Revolution Square - University Square - Triumph Arch – House of Free Press
DURATION: 8 hours
AVAILABILITY: all year round
After we meet, we start discovering Bucharest. Our first destination will be Village Museum, a special place of the Romanian's capital where you can better understand the essence of the Romanian people. Located in a particular natural frame, on Herastrau Lake shore, the Village Museum restores the rural life of the Romanians and provides an image of the way in which Romanians were building their houses and churches centuries ago. In this open air museum you will find traditional houses from all Romania's regions, all having their original furniture. After this visit we are heading for the largest administrative non-military building in the world - Palace of the Parliament. After the Palace of the Parliament we will visit the Metropolitan Hill where we find Romanian Patriarchy and Patriarch Palace. On our way toward Bucharest’s old center we will see a series of monumental buildings: Palace of Justice, CEC, History Museum, House of the Military's Center, National Bank of Romania, Vilacrosse Passage, Stavropoleos Church.
We will then take you to the most famous restaurant in Bucharest of the ancient times: Caru’ cu Bere. After a traditional Romanian meal, our tour will continue on foot through Bucharest’s old center. We will reach Old Court where the Romanian vaivode Vlad the Impeller (also known as Dracula, due to Bram Stoker’s novel) had his residence. We will then discover one of the oldest inns from Bucharest –Manuc’s Inn.
Then we turn to Victoria Avenue towards a place of the Romanian people martyrdom –Revolution Square, where people sacrificed their lives for freedom and for removing the communist regime of Nicolae Ceausescu. You will be able to sit at a few meters away from the famous balcony where the dictator claimed his last speech in December 1989.
The pedestrian tour in the Revolution Square shall further include Kretulescu Church, Romanian Athenaeum, Royal Palace, Central-University Library. You will also visit Saint Josef Romano-Catholic Cathedral, the place where Pope John Paul the Second celebrated a historical religious service in 1999, on the first visit of a Pope in a Orthodox majority country.
Our tour will continue by car and we will end up in a hot spot of the Romanian Revolution – University Square.
We will turn on Magheru Boulevard toward (Roman Square) Piata Romana, and from there to Victoria Square, where it is the head office of the Romania's Government. You will enjoy wandering on the Aviator’s Boulevard that will take us to Herastrau Park, a beautiful place with terraces and restaurants on the lake’s shore. In the end, we will end up in House of Free Press Square where the headquarters of several Romanian press publications are. Hoping that you enjoyed this tour of Bucharest, we will lead you back to your hotel and we will bid farewell.
|2-7 persons *||65|
* price per person
- transport by private car or minivan (air conditioning)
- private driver
- all transport costs (fuel, tolls, parking)
- english speaking guide for the entire tour
- the entrance fees for all the sites mentioned in the program
Tariff does not include:
- other meals than mentioned
- photo fees
- flight tickets
- on public holidays and Mondays, sights may be closed
- For booking this Private Tour you need to pay in advance a deposit, which will be agreed in advance between parties. For more info, feel free to contact us on: email@example.com
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 360.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 550.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 395.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2020 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 1100.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€