2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days
We`ll explore Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures and Spiritual Bucovina. Medieval cities like Sibiu, Brasov and Sighisoara, Fortresses and Castles, traditional villages and organic food prepared by local ladies!
ROUTE: Bucharest - Sibiu - Sighet – Gura Humorului - Sovata - Sighisoara - Bucharest
DISTANCE: 1,800 kilometers
DURATION: 7 days
AVAILABILITY: all year round
For sure, one week in Romania is not enough, but you will get a good idea about the country. We'll take you back in time in Maramures with incredible landscapes and traditions of the locals. We gonna learn about the history of Transylvania in the Saxon Cities and Villages. We'll reach the most spiritual area of Romania: Bucovina - the land of the Painted Churches. After this One Week in Romania, you'll have a plan to return for sure.
We meet you at your Hotel and start driving to Transylvania to the beautiful Medieval City of Brasov. On the way, we stop to the impressive Peles Castle, the formers summer residence of our Royal Family. Drive another hour and learn about Dracula. What is real and what is not at Bran Castle, the famous Castle from Bram Stoker's novel. In the afternoon, we reach Brasov where we'll have a nice walking tour in one of the most beautiful cities of Romania.
OVERNIGHT IN BRASOV
Today, we go deeper into Transylvania to the Citadelle of Sighisoara. On the way, we stop to one of the most well known Unesco World Heritage sites from Romania - Viscri Saxon Village, the favourite place in Transylvania for Prince of Wales, Charles. In Viscri saxon Village, we'll visit the Fortified Church and we'll have a panoramic view from the Church's tower. We continue to Sighisoara where we arrive at noon and have a walking tour inside the Medieval Citadelle. We go for a traditional lunch in one of the Saxon Villages, 30 minutes away from Sighisoara - great experience ! Time for rest now and go back to Sighisoara.
OVERNIGHT IN SIGHISOARA
Today we have a longer driving to reach Bucovina, the land of our famous Painted Churches, 500 years old. We stop first time to discover the most famous church from Bucovina - Voronet, built by our great ruler, Steven the Great more than 500 years ago. You will be amazed by the famous "blue of Voronet", by the outside frescoes and you'll understand why this church is also known as the Sistine Chapel of the East ! We stop in Gura Humorului for lunch and we go to Vama Village for our accommodation.
OVERNIGHT IN BUCOVINA
Before leaving Bucovina, we have time for another superb Painted Church - Moldovita, built almost 500 years ago by Steven the Great's son, Petru Rares.
Time now for going back in time in Maramures, the most traditional area of Romania. We'll have a scenic drive crossing the Carpathian Mountains and our first stop in Maramures will be at Barsana Monastery a superb setting in a beautiful landscape. Time to go to our village now, Breb. Breb Village is one of the most traditional villages from Maramures, with still many wooden houses and wooden gates - a tradition in Maramures. In Breb Village we gona enjoy a traditional dinner prepared by a local lady who cooks great !
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES (traditional wooden house accommodation)
Today we have a full day to explore Maramures. Make sure you have an empty card for your photo camera because the photo opportunities are everywhere, We gonna meet the locals, enter their houses, see how they live, what they do for living, which are their traditions. We visit the famous Merry Cemetery in Sapanta and the Sighet Memorial of the anti-communist heroes killed during the communist regime in Romania. I'll show you my favorite wooden church from Maramures in Desesti Village. Trully superb and excelent preserved ! Not to mention that we gonna enjoy superb landscapes, rolling hills with hundreds of hay stacks ! Great image ! In the afternoon, we'll be back in Breb Village where you'll have your free time to walk in the village. In the evening, another traditional dinner !
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES (traditional wooden house accommodation)
Today we go back into Transylvania to Sibiu Medieval City. It will be a longer drive, but you not gonna feel it because we'll make stops on the way. First one in Turda to visit one of the most impresive Salt Mines in the world. Another stop will be in Alba Iulia Citadelle, the birthplace of Romania as it is today, an historic event which took place in 1918. In the afternoon, we reach our destination and we'll have a walking tour in Sibiu in the Old City.
OVERNIGHT IN SIBIU
After breakfast, time to go back to Bucharest. If you travel between July 1st and Nov 1st, we go back to Bucharest via the famous Transfagarasan Road, one of the most scenic roads on the planet, crossing the Carpathian Mountains at 2000 meters altitude. We reach Bucharest at 3 pm and we'll have a walking tour in Bucharest, the Capital of Romania. In Bucharest, I am gonna tell you the story of communism in Romania and how it affected our country and, most important, our lives.
OVERNIGHT IN BUCHAREST & END OF MY SERVICES
This One Week in Romania tour can be extended with a Danube Delta Tour between May and October
|2 persons *||1400|
|4 persons *||1100|
|6 persons * ...||950|
* price per person in a double room
** for single occupancy: + 100 euro
*** for 4 star accommodation (except Maramures) : + 80 euro per person
- 7 nights accommodation at 3 star Hotels or Pension, excelent located with breakfast included
- private car or minivan AC
- all transport costs
- private guide / driver in English
- all entry fees for sites
- planning the itinerary and booking proces
- 2 traditional meals in Maramues
- 1 photo fee for Peles Palace and for the Painted Churches in Bucovina
- 1 bottle of watter per person daily
Tariff does not include:
- travel/health insurance
- other meals than mentioned
- on public holidays and Mondays, sights may be closed
- For booking this Private Tour you need to pay in advance a deposit, which will be agreed in advance between parties. For more info, feel free to contact us on: email@example.com
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€