Few places in Europe gather together so many natural beauties and religious medieval art masterpieces as in Bucovina.
Only few places in Europe gather together so many natural beautiful places and religious medieval art masterpieces as Bucovina. This land with hills and mountains lays in the northern part of Romania, neighboring the wooden churches from Maramures. This is where the first Romanian rulers, who established the Moldavian Principality, came. The Byzantine culture flourished in the 15th and 16th centuries, after the fall of Constantinopol.
It was Stephen the Great and Petru Rareș rulers’ time, a period of a permanent Turks’ threat, of the Tartars’ incursions and of the battles with Hungarians. After winning a great battle, Stephan used to build a church or a monastery, establishments painted in the exterior a few decades later.
An Occident and Orient summary of Gothic and Byzantine styles, the eight exterior painted churches from Bucovina are registered in UNESCO World Heritage: Arbore, Humor, Moldovița, Pătrăuți, Probota, Voroneț , "Saint George" from Suceava and Sucevița. The architecture belongs to the western, gothic inspiration- lithe, single spire churches, with strong counter forces - and the painting is of Byzantine inspiration.
Christians took revenge for the Constantinopol siege on the greatly painted walls; rivers of fire take down the sinners to hell while the right ones are conducted on the virtue stairs towards Heaven. At the exterior, the paintings are an illustrated catechesis for Christians; inside – it seems they participate to a liturgy in committing the Holly Sacraments.
A little more to the south, in Moldavia's heart, you will be impressed by the intense spiritual life of the great Romanian monasteries. Few moments are more uplifting, for instance, rather than their participation to a ceremony at one of Orthodox monasteries from the base of the legendary Ceahlău mountain – Neamț, Secu, Sihăstria, Bistrița or Pângărați, Agapia or Văratec. The large number of monasteries and the reputation of the father confessors brought its fame to the Balkans and to the Orthodox world, being considered, just as Athos Mountain, a real "Virgin Mary’s Garden”.
There's no secret that the Prince of Wales loves Romania. [...]
How the idea came, how I started, why I quit my television job etc [...]
In 1869, Jules Verne created his famous character "Captain Nemo". [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 360.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 550.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 395.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 850.00€
- 2020 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- Wildlife and Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 6 Days → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 975.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
Gilbert, Tel Aviv, Israel" "Ideal tourguide for a success excursion. Thanks, George !"
We spent 4 days trips with George, Director of Touring Romania. [...]