Stepping into Transylvania, one might expect to find tall, ominous castles perched atop stony crests, looming over the unassuming villages. While there are fortresses tucked away in the hills of dark-green forests, the reality of the place far exceeds the myth. Transylvania has been shaped by a rich history and medieval allure, in a stunning natural setting dotted with villages steeped in folklore.
Travelling through the Transylvanian countryside, you will be transported between the pages of a history book. The generous Saxon heritage is prevalent in every stone, castle, or colourful house. Along the way you will encounter the ever-charming Saxon towns of Brasov and Sibiu where the entertainment of modern life blends with the historical air, creating a character that only few places have. Sighisoara takes it a step further. The 12th century citadel is still habited to this day, worthy of its UNESCO World Heritage Site title. Wandering along its cobbled streets and the remains of the old fortified walls, you will be hauled back to the medieval times.
On our private tour you will travel beyond, right into the heart of Transylvania. We like going off the beaten track and experience this legacy in all its genuineness. Walking into a remote Transylvanian village you will be greeted by the traditional houses quietly lined up along the dirt path. Impenetrable at a first glance, they are in no way unwelcoming, thanks to the bright colours adorning them. The entirety of the village is clustered around a fortified church, proudly overlooking all else. The fortified churches, another treasure left behind by the Saxons, are a symbol of the centuries-old religious belief, being both a place of prayer and a safety haven in times of war.
To this day, the traditions are kept alive, and we aim to showcase their beauty on our tours. Interact with the locals as they go about their village activities, from farming to weaving and blacksmithing. The local families will welcome you for a warm, hearty meal prepared with love by the farmers’ wives. Touring Transylvania, you will get a taste of all that a Saxon village has to offer for it is truly a unique experience. So much so that it enchanted Prince Charles enough to own a Saxon house in the village of Viscri.
Of course, no trip to Transylvania would be complete without an encounter with Dracula. The man behind the myth, Vlad the Impaler, hails from the Saxon town of Sighisoara and during your tour, you will find out exactly what prompted the stories.
All in all, a private trip to Transylvania means getting close and personal to the customs of the place, the people still connected to their ancestral roots, and a history visible in the vestiges still standing tall. This one is a trip for the heart and mind alike.
Come along with us in Transylvania. Here you will find all our private tours.
In 1864, Jules Verne wrote the famous `Journey to the center of the Earth`. In 2018, we not gonna take you so deep inside the Earth, but we`ll take you in a journey you`ll never forget. [...]
For your journey in Transylvania to be unforgettable, we propose you to taste from the local cuisine [...]
Quite difficult to pronunce - Transfagarasan Road - but, what a fabulous road! [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€