2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days
Fully vaccinated people can enter Romania without any restrictions!
Embark on a 8-night private guided tour from the Saxon charm of Transylvania to the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina
Travel beyond the myth in Transylvania and discover a land steeped in history. Explore its towns and citadels and let yourself be enchanted. In a complementing contrast, Bucovina stuns through the gorgeous natural landscapes where the spirituality thrives. To show for it, the UNESCO Heritage Painted Churches of Bucovina stood the passage of time and carry the religious beliefs further. To visit any of the regions is a privilege but to visit both is truly enriching.
Day 1: Starting off in Bucharest, you will follow the scenic Olt Valley all the way to the Saxon town of Sibiu. Your base for the next three nights is as charming as they can be. From the quaint alleys to the colourful houses and the still ambiance, Sibiu will surely crawl its way into your heart.
You will have the afternoon to explore the historical centre with the interlinked two main squares, the impressive churches and towers on a walking tour, and learn all about its history and influences. Don’t forget to tell a lie on the Liars’ Bridge while you’re at it!
Overnight in Sibiu
Day 2: Today you will get acquainted with the more soulful side of the region. Travelling through the countryside, you will stop in Biertan for a visit of its 500-year-old Fortified Church. Then it’s onwards to the village of Malancrav, just in time for lunch. You will be treated with a traditional meal prepared by one of the local ladies, but not before visiting the Malancrav Fortified Church, impressive through its well-preserved murals.
After lunch, and 30 minutes later, you will arrive in the delightful Sighisoara. One of the last inhabited citadels, Sighisoara is also Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace. On the walking tour around its narrow alleyways you will learn all about what’s real and what is not about the legend of Dracula.
Overnight in Sighisoara
Day 3: Travelling even further off the beaten path, today you will travel to the Saxon village of Viscri. One of the best-preserved villages of the region, it even lured Prince Charles who has his own traditional guesthouse here. Ramble around the dusty paths, get to know the locals and their traditions, climb up to the Fortified Church and peak into the daily lives of the people still living here.
In the evening, you will be invited to a traditional dinner in a local household.
Overnight in Viscri Saxon Village
Day 4: It is time to say, “see you later!” to the Transylvanian lands. It is a long drive towards Moldova in the north of the country, but the views you will encounter along the way are worth it. First stop comes at lunchtime, which will be by the curious Red Lake. The lake is on the site of a sunken forest, and the trunks of the old trees can still be seen rising out of the water.
Driving further, you will be passing through the Bicaz Gorge, the passageway into the picturesque Moldova. The narrow road slides in between the high cliffs and even under the hanging rocks in some portions. Spectacular and mouth-dropping.
You will reach Moldova in the afternoon. Your introduction to the religious heritage will be by visiting the sister monasteries of Varatec and Agapia.
Overnight in Moldova
Day 5: After breakfast, travel to the far north, into the stunning Bucovina with its rolling hills and gorgeous landscapes. Part of the UNESCO World Heritage, the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina are not only pleasing to the eye through the colourful facades depicting religious scenes, but they also showcase the close relationship the people had with religion throughout history. You will learn about their significance as you will visit three of the 15th-16th-built monasteries: Sucevita, Moldovita and Voronet.
Overnight in Gura Humorului
Day 6: It’s back to Transylvania today. Watch the landscape change as you pass from one countryside to another. By afternoon, you will be in Brasov, a charming Saxon town with picture-perfect old town houses and narrow streets on a mountain back-drop. Take the walking tour along the cobbled streets, visiting the Black Church and the main sights, taking in its effortless beauty.
Overnight in Brasov
Day 7: Surrounded by the stunning Carpathian Mountains all around, the Brasov area is a dream. You will spend your day out and about, enjoying the natural setting. First stop of the day is the ominous Bran Castle, commonly known as Dracula’s Castle. On the tour, you will separate the truth from Bram Stocker’s fiction. Whatever you do, don’t miss out on the views from the main tower.
Afterwards, if you’re a wildlife lover, a visit to the Libearty Bear Sanctuary is a must. This is where over 90 bears have been rescued from poor conditions and are now living stress-free in the vast forests of Zarnesti. In the afternoon, it’s back to Brasov for some more medieval charm.
Overnight in Brasov
Day 8: Today you will be returning to Bucharest, but not without stopping for a visit to the stunning Peles Castle first. Nestled in between the mountains in Sinaia, it’s hard not to believe you have been transported inside a fairy-tale. The interior is just as impressive, and you will have plenty of time to be amazed by the décor and architecture.
You will reach the capital city in the afternoon. Here, the Old Town awaits with its buzzing bars and restaurants. You deserve an end-of-the-tour pint. Noroc!
Overnight in Bucharest
|2 persons *||1500|
|4 persons *||1075|
|6 persons * ...||950|
* price per person
** for single accommodation: + 120 euro
Note: if one of these accommodations is not available, we’ll provide another one at same standards
- 8 nights accommodation 3&4 star / breakfast included
- Private car / minivan – air conditioning – all transport costs included
- Private guide in English and driver
- 1 traditional meal
- Admission for all sites in the itinerary
- Planning the itinerary
- 6 Unesco World Heritage sites
- All expences for guide / driver
- 1 photo fee at Peles Castle
- Transfer from / to the Airport in Bucharest
- Travel and Health insurances
- Other meals than mentioned
- on public holidays and Mondays, sights may be closed
- For booking this Private Tour you need to pay in advance a deposit, which will be agreed in advance between parties. For more info, feel free to contact us on: email@example.com
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€
Jay Rossiter, USA" Fantastic trip to Romania - Many thanks, George!
In sum, I have never encountered a more responsive and dependable tour operator; one who listened to what we wanted to do and tailored a trip for me, my wife and daughter. [...]