2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days
Fully vaccinated people can enter Romania without any restrictions!
History and Traditions! This Private Guided Tour in Transylvania and Maramures will take you back in time.
Medieval Cities from Transylvania and fabulous rural life in Maramures. Fortified Churches, Castles and Fortresses in Transylvania and Wooden Churches and amazing landscapes in Maramures.
Meet you at your Hotel in Bucharest and start our journey by driving 4 hours to superb Medieval City of Sibiu. Take the accommodation and have a walking tour in the Old City. We see Large and Small Squares, Bridge of Lies and 3 super churches: Orthodox, Cathlolic and Evangelical Churches.
OVERNIGHT IN SIBIU
After breakfast, drive 1 hour and visit Alba Iulia Citadelle, one of the most important historical place for Romania. After driving 2 hours we reach the biggest city in Transylvania. We'll have a walking tour in Cluj Napoca.
OVERNIGHT IN CLUJ
Today is the time to discover Maramures. After driving 3 hours, we stop to visit Surdesti Wooden Church – Unesco World Heritage. Drive 1 hour and reach our village in Maramures, Breb. Rest and have a walk in the village followed by a traditional meal prepared by a local lady.
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES (traditional accommodation)
This day will be a day to explore Maramures. After breakfast, we go to Barsana Monastery. Drive 1 hour and visit Merry Cemetery in Sapanta. This is a unique cemetery with a different perspective over death - not something dramatic, just a passage to a better life. We drive 45 minutes and visit Desesti Wooden Church - Unesco World Heritage. Next stop will be in Sarbi Village where we'll visit a local family to see how an old watter mill still works. This is something you only see in the Village Museum. Back in our village and have another traditional meal.
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES (traditional accommodation)
Today, we go back in Transylvania. After 3 hous stop and visit the impresive Turda Salt Mine, one of the most spectacular salt mines in the world. Drive another 45 minutes and enjoy one of the most beautiful villages in Romania: Rimetea, also a pottery center in Transylvania. Walk in the village.
OVERNIGHT IN RIMETEA VILLAGE (traditional accommodation)
We go deeper inside Transylvania and visit few Saxon Villages. We stop in Alma Vii and Biertan Saxon Villages and visit the Fortified Church from Biertan - Unesco WH. Drive 45 minutes and stop in Sighisoara Medieval Citadelle - Unesco WH. Walking tour in Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad the Impaller.
OVERNIGHT IN SIGHISOARA
Today we drive to one of the most beautiful cities in Romania: Brasov. Before reaching Brasov, we stop to visit Bran Castle and tell you all about Bram Stoker's famous novel. In the afternoon, reach Brasov and have a walking tour in the Old City.
OVERNIGHT IN BRASOV
After breakfast, we drive to Bucharest with a final stop in Sinaia. Here we visit Peles Castle, one of the most beautiful palaces from Europe. At 3pm we reach Bucharest and leave you at your Hotel.
END OF MY SERVICES
Videos from my tours in Transylvania and Maramures
|2 persons *||1550|
|4 persons *||1100|
|6 persons * ...||975|
* price per person
** for single accommodation: + 150 euro
- 7 nights accommodation – breakfast included – 3 star very good located Hotels/Pensions
- private car / minivan AC
- private guide / driver in English
- 2 meals in Maramures
- all transport costs
- all admision fees
- all guide / driver's expences
Tariff does not include:
- other meals than included
- photo fees where need it
- For booking this Private Tour you need to pay in advance a deposit, which will be agreed in advance between parties. For more info, feel free to contact us on: email@example.com
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€
Jamin Kennedy, Berlin, Germany" “Wonderful day trip to Brasov and Peles and Bran Castle”
Can't rate him highly enough [...]
Carolyn E. - USA" Two weeks completely customized for two "seniors" with limited mobility
Every detail of our vacation was thoroughly planned with our comfort in mind. [...]