Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020
25% discount for 2020!
Maramures is the most traditional place from Romania. Situated in the northern part of Transylvania, Maramures has superb landscapes, the friendliest people from Romania and the best kept traditions.
It is like a journey back in time and we'll take you there ! Easter in Maramures is all about traditions and Faith. To attend the Ester mass at a local wooden church is a must while there. You'll remeber it forever!
Day 1 – April 15th, 2020
Today we meet you at your Hotel in the morning and we start our journey to Transylvania. We drive 4 hours to Sibiu Medieval City in the heart of Transylvania. Sibiu is one of the most beautiful cities of Romania established by the saxon settlers 900 years ago. We gonna have a nice relaxed walking tour of Sibiu in the afternoon. OVERNIGHT IN SIBIU
Day 2 – April 16th, 2020
Time to go to Maramures. Today, will be a longer drive to reach the most beautiful area of Romania but it will worth it ! We stop after 1 hour in Alba Iulia, the birthplace of Great Romania we have today. After visiting Alba Iulia Citadelle, we continue for 3.5 hours to Maramures. We reach Breb Village, one of the most traditional villages. A home cooked dinner will be waiting us when we arrive. OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES
Day 3 – April 17th, 2020
Today is Friday before Easter and we gonna meet the locals and see how they prepare for the most important religious celebration. We gonna see the local ladies cooking and, in the afternoon, we go to church for the Mass, a very special experience !
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES
Day 4 – April 18th, 2020
Today we have time to explore Maramures. We go to Merry Cemetery in Sapanta, unique place in Romania where death is not something tragic. We stop at Sighet anticommunist Memorial in a former political prison where hundreds died because of their belives. In sarbi Village, we meet a local family who still use very old traditional machineries you only can see in a village museum. We offer you real experience ! In the afternoon, we get back to our village and prepare for the Easter Mass at Desesti Wooden Church where we go at 11pm. We'll celebrate the resurection of Christ with the folks from Maramures. Back in our village.
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES
Day 5 – April 19th, 2020
Easter Sunday is the most important day in Maramures ! Everyone celebrates resurection of Jesus Christ and a great experience is to go in the morning to church. All villagers go to church with all they prepared to be blessed by the priests. Locals are dressed with their traditional costumes. We get back to our village for Easter meal. After, relaxed time to wonder arround in the village.
OVERNIGHT IN MARAMURES
Day 6 – April 20th, 2020
Hard to say goodbye to Maramures, but we have to go back :) Don't worry: nice places are still waiting for us. After 3 hours, we reach Cluj, the biggest city of Transylvania. We'll have a walking tour in this vibrant city.
OVERNIGHT IN CLUJ
Day 7 – April 21st, 2020
We drive in Transylvania 3 hours to Sighisoara Citadelle where we have a walking tour. Sighisoara is one of the seven cities built by the german settlers when they arrived here 900 years ago. After visiting Sighisoara, drive 1 hour and stop in lovely village of Breb, established by the saxons 800 years ago. After another 1.5 hours reach Brasov Medieval City where we;ll have a walking tour.
OVERNIGHT IN BRASOV
Day 8 – April 22nd, 2020
We drive 1 hour and stop to visit Bran Castle. Another 1 hour drive and we reach Sinaia Mountain Town where we visit Peles Castle, the summer residence of the Royal Family of Romania and of the most beatiful castles from Romania. Two hours drive and we get back to Bucharest where we'll have a walking tour. OVERNIGHT IN BUCHAREST & END OF OUR SERVICES
Please check these videos from my previous tours in Maramures during Easter:
|4-5 persons *||1250|
|6 persons * ...||1100|
* price per person
Price per person in a double room.
For single room accommodation – plus 100 euro per person
- 8 nights accommodation in 3 star Hotels with breakfast included
- all transport costs
- all entry fees
- 4 traditional meals in Maramures
- private guide in English
- all guide/driver expences
- 1 photo fee at Peles Palace
Tariff does not include:
- other meals than included
- For booking this Private Tour you need to pay in advance a deposit, which will be agreed in advance between parties. For more info, feel free to contact us on: email@example.com
Some of the photos are the property of www.villagehotelmaramures.com
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 360.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 550.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 395.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2020 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 1100.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€