Why touring with us in 2021?
Touring Romania – Private Guided Tours was established in 2014. Since then, we organized hundreds of private guided tours all over Romania. I am George, a licensed guide, and the founder of Touring Romania and I welcome you to our beautiful country. With a strong background in journalism, I developed a passion for travelling; at the beginning guiding my friends around the country and now, as an enthusiastic, professional guide, who wants to show you the “real” Romania. I am offering bespoke tours in Romania with itineraries tailored to your preferences.
Our Guided Tours
We provide small group tours for friends or families, from one-day to multi-days trips. We value privacy. We value your comfort and preferences to suit you in Romania. We do not have mixed groups and prefer to offer you our time and personal attention. With us you will not feel rushed or forced to visit places you are not interested in. We advise based on our expertise, but in the end, you decide what you want to do for a great travel experience!
Our goal is to take you off the beaten track and therefore, we focus more on rural areas and the charming countryside of Romania. This offers you the chance to meet the locals in remote villages, learn about their life and observe their traditions. You will be given the opportunity to work the fields with them, taking part of the farming life or attending local traditional events in the villages. We want you to discover the stories, myths, and legends of Romania through the eyes of a local. With us you will discover the Romanian scenery, culture, and history. Of course, all major attractions of Romania can be included in our private guided tours as well. This combination will help you understand our country more clearly.
We use clean, modern, and licensed vehicles. For small groups of 2 or 3, we use sedan AC cars. For groups larger than 4 people, we use 8-seater coaches with AC. For larger groups, we have 16 – 19-seaters and fully licensed drivers. All vehicles have air conditioning, wi-fi, and charging units for phones. We include all transportation costs in your itinerary. Safety is top priority for us, so our guides are excellent drivers with professional recognition.
We use centrally located hotels on our private guided tours. We prefer for our guests to have easy and direct access to the main attractions. We prefer, when possible, smaller boutique hotels. In the villages, our choice is for traditional accommodation
US vs THEM
My idea, when I started Touring Romania, was to engage directly with my guests. As opposed to the big travel agencies, we listen carefully to your requests and we design the itineraries accordingly. We are in contact with you, all the time in order to provide the best possible experience in Romania. Choosing us, you also support the local economy. Before meeting you, during and after your tour in Romania, we value your feedback at any time. This always helps us improve our services. So, feel free, at any time, to give your honest opinions. . poti allege alta poza cu mine si turisti de pe aceeasi pagina
In the six years we have offered trips around Romania, we were recognized as one of the best tour operators for private guided tours. With over 180 reviews on TripAdvisor, we have been awarded the Certificate of Excellence three times, in 2016, 2017 and 2018. In 2020 we received the “Travelers’ Choice” recognition on Tripadvisor. But what we value the most are the kind words received by the guest we have had over time. You can see them for yourself on our TripAdvisor and TrustPilot pages.
Your safety is our Top Priority
- only you and your group - no shared tours
- explore "off the beaten tracks" places, not crowded
- small boutique accommodations
- every day disinfection of the vehicle we use
There's no secret that the Prince of Wales loves Romania. [...]
Without a doubt, Transylvania's treasures are the Fortified Churches. These churches look more like fortresses and were built 8 centuries ago by the german colonists settled in Transylvania. In the 12th century, a germanic population came into what is today Transylvania and started a new life. This part of Europe was often attacked by invaders such as ottomans or tartars and this is why these churches were built with one, two or even three defensive walls around. This is the concept of a Fortified Church: a place where locals took refuge in case of an invasion. [...]
900 years ago, today Transylvania became home for settlers from today Luxembourg and Germany. This population came into what we call today Transylvania at the request of the Hungarian King who was controling the area. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€
Gilbert, Tel Aviv, Israel" "Ideal tourguide for a success excursion. Thanks, George !"
We spent 4 days trips with George, Director of Touring Romania. [...]