Try a new travel destination: Romania!
Romania may not be the most famous travel destination in Europe, but for sure it is a big positive surprise for travelers who decide to visit Romania!
Romania still preserves some of the most authentic traditions in Europe and some of the most untouched and wild natural areas in the Carpathian Mountains.
Of course, Transylvania is the most well known region of Romania with many travelers visiting to learn about Count Dracula and the famous Bran Castle. We at Touring Romania will show you that Transylvania is far more than Dracula. With us you will have a great private tour in Transylvania, personalized for you and your group. We are trying to take you off the beaten path and put you in contact with the locals. Meeting the locals in the rural Transylvania, exploring the Saxon Villages and learning about locals life is an unforgettable experience.
Many Unesco World Heritage sites are located in Transylvania such as Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, Viscri Saxon Village or Biertan Fortified Church. All these sites are a must while traveling to Transylvania, but a big bonus is to try the local cuisine. We know some local ladies in Transylvania who will prepare delicious meals for you. A home cooked meal in a Transylvanian Village is another great experience while traveling to Romania.
Countryside of Romania is one of the best kept in Europe. You can still see archaic ways of farming the fields, you can still see horse carts on the roads or see locals making haystacks with their own hands. We will take you to meet the locals from Maramures, the northwestern part of Transylvania and to help them in their farming activities. People from Maramures are the friendliest from all Romania and ready to welcome you in their houses ! Traditions of Maramures are the richest in Romania. Maramures is also famous because of the wooden churches, many of them included in Unesco World Heritage. Another important attraction of Maramures is the Merry Cemetery where you will discover a different attitude towards death.
The good thing about exploring Romania is that you don't get bored. Romania is a medium-large country and each region has something different. The Bucovina area is located in the northeastern part of Romania and it has a rich history. In addition to that, Bucovina is well known for the Painted Churches, eight of them included in Unesco World Heritage. Rolling hills of Bucovina are an amazing setting for great photos. Fall colours in Romania give you the chance of fantastic photos as well. A photography tour in Romania needs to include Bucovina as well and the best time for fall colours in Romania is from mid October until November.
Late May, June, July and August are perfect months to explore the wildlife from the Danube Delta. Wildlife photography finds in the Danube Delta the perfect choice in Romania. We have professional guides in the Danube Delta who provide great boat rides there. They know how to approach birds in order not to scare them and, at the same time, to give you the opportunity of great photos. You can see in the Danube Delta more than 300 bird species from Europe ! The Danube Delta is a protected Biosphere in the southeastern part of Romania. It is a great travel destination for birdwatching ! The local cuisine is, of course, based on fresh fish from the Danube river. Delicious food prepared by the local ladies !
Last but not least, Bucharest, the capital of Romania ! From all Eastern Europe capitals, Bucharest was the most affected by the decades under the communist oppressive regime. The city was mutilated by the insane plans of the communist authorities. Many beautiful quarters were demolished at the direct order of the former communist dictator, Nicolae Ceausescu. Today, Bucharest is a fast developing city, therefore much work is done to restore beautiful old buildings. A sightseeing tour in Bucharest will take you to the main sites of the city and, most importantly, will give you the opportunity to learn about the history of the city, once called The Little Paris. A popular thing to do in Bucharest is to take with us a communism tour during which you will walk the Revolution Square, visit the Palace of Parliament and Ceausescu's Residence. We will tell you the history of the 1989 anti communist Revolution when thousands were killed and wounded by the oppressive regime during a bloody December.
Come with us and explore a new travel destination in Europe: Romania, a country which, for sure, will surprise you in a great way ! We offer small group tours, private driver and car in Romania. You only need to come and relax. We will take care of everything else!
Check out here our Private Guided Tours in Romania!
A special experience is a wine tasting in a remote Saxon Village from Transylvania. [...]
Touring Romania Private Tour Travel Company was established in 2014. After 10 years in media, as a news editor at the number one TV Network in Romania, I started this travel company. My focus was on small group tours, private tours in Romania, for families and friends. [...]
August is a great month to travel to Romania. Weather is very good, there are very small chances of rain, days are long and we are ready for you! [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 100.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2023 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 375.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 250.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 225.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 220.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 210.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 495.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 350.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 350.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 550.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Winter Experience in Transylvania - One Week Private Guided Tour → From 1075.00€
- Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1300.00€
- Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 700.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1100.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1900.00€
- Discover Medieval Transylvania and Enjoy the Splendors of 3 Central-European Capitals: Budapest, Vienna and Prague! → From 2200.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 1100.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- Live like a King - Charles III Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1150.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 1050.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 12th, 2023 - April 19rd, 2023 → From 1250.00€
Simone - London, UK" “Fantastic guide, knowledgeable, personable and proffesional”
As he has spent time as a journalist too his knowledge in other areas is extensive making interesting conversation. [...]