2023 Travel to Romania!
2022 was a year of contrasts in tourism. The demand returned with the reduction of the Covid pandemic, but the war started by Russia against Ukraine brought uncertainty in Europe. Even under these conditions, tourism has returned strongly in Romania.
For us, at Touring Romania, 2022 was a very good year, with many private tours in Romania! Probably 90% of another very good year, 2019. Romania is a strong NATO country, therefore it is perfectly safe to travel here !
Tourists who traveled to Romania in 2022 preferred to visit Transylvania, Maramures, Bucovina and the Danube Delta. We offered private guided tours in Romania and focused on the "Off the beaten path" type of tours. We took our guests to rural areas where they had the opportunity to meet the locals, learn about their lives, and discover well-preserved traditions.
For 2023, Touring Romania aims to offer other unforgettable experiences for tourists who want to visit Romania. In 2023, we are betting on the Danube Delta, the wildest part of Romania, a real paradise for those who love nature, birds and wildlife adventure.
The Danube Delta is a top destination in Romania for those passionate about wildlife photography. The best time to visit the Danube Delta is from May to September. The Danube Delta in June is probably the best idea for wildlife travel in Romania. The days are long, the temperatures are not yet very high, the mosquitoes are very few and it is not crowded yet. Therefore, the Danube Delta in Romania is a very good travel choice!
"What to see in Romania" is a classic question for those who still don't know much about our country. Transylvania is probably the most famous travel destination in Romania. We, at Touring Romania, will prove to you that Transylvania is much more than Dracula or Dracula Castle. Of course, we will visit Bran Castle, also known as Dracula's Castle, but we will also share the true history of this impressive castle in Transylvania. You will discover the Saxon villages, the Unesco fortified churches and beautiful medieval cities such as Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara. An unforgettable experience in Transylvania is to discover the local cuisine. We will take you to a local's home to enjoy delicious home cooked meals !
A lesser known part of Transylvania is Maramures, located in northwestern Romania. It is the most "back in time" part of Romania, with the best preserved traditions. Hospitable people who can't wait to welcome you into their homes and share their life stories with you. It is one of the last places in Europe where you can see an archaic way of farming. It's like a trip back in time. We know local craftsmens where you will discover Maramures art. Wood was and still is the most important construction material. The famous wooden gates of Maramures, wooden houses or wooden churches are true testimonies of this.
Another top attraction in Romania is in Bucovina, where there are famous painted churches, eight of them in the Unesco heritage!
We are waiting for you in 2023 with a very diverse range of private guided tours in Romania. You can check it here!
Maramures is the northern part of Transylvania. It is the most traditional part of Romania. The landscapes are absolutely fabulous, the traditions very well preserved, and the hospitality of the locals is unparalleled in Romania. [...]
Transylvania is the most well known part of Romania. Travelers come to Transylvania to "find Dracula", which is fine 😁 , but we tell you that Transylvania is much more than Dracula. [...]
For your journey in Transylvania to be unforgettable, we propose you to taste from the local cuisine [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2023 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 100.00€
- 2023 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2023 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2023 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2023 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2023 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 375.00€
- 2023 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 250.00€
- 2023 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 225.00€
- 2023 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 220.00€
- 2023 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 210.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2023 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 495.00€
- 2023 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2023 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 350.00€
- 2023 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 350.00€
- 2023 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 550.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2023 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2023 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 700.00€
- 2023 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1300.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1100.00€
- 2023 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1900.00€
- Discover Central and Eastern Europe in 2 Weeks! → From 2200.00€
- 2023 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2023 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 950.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2023 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- 2023 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2023 Live like a King - Charles III Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1150.00€
- 2023 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 1050.00€
- 2023 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 12th, 2023 - April 19rd, 2023 → From 1250.00€