“Wonderful guide and country!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014
We started looking for a guide about 3 weeks before we arrived in Romania, we were 2 ladies who couldn't drive very well. We wanted a private tour with a local guide who could bring us to all the sights in Transylvania as we didn't have much time. I contacted 6 different tour operators, George was the fastest to reply. Right from the get-go, he was friendly, professional and prompt. He helped me build an itinerary from the places we were interested to visit. Out of all the tour operators who answered me, he was the only one who pointed out that some of the sights would be closed on Monday and suggested an alternative route. He is based in Bucharest but drove all the way to Cluj to start the tour with us there. And all this based on my word, he didn't even ask for a deposit. He sent me all the information regarding accommodations, receipts, his certifications and even his car license plate and was very communicative up to the day we started the tour. Touring Romania also gave the most competitive price and included all the entrances costs to the attractions. The only tour operator out of the 6 I contacted to offer that.
Throughout the entire tour, we felt really well taken care of, he was warm, friendly and patient. It was like travelling with a good friend. Always making sure if we needed to stop for toilet breaks or to buy drinks. He was very flexible and would stop if we wanted to take pictures or see an extra sight, he toured with us a good 12 hours everyday. He was such a gentleman and helped us with our luggage to our room every night. When we were hiking in rough places, he made sure we managed to climb up and down safely. He also told us great stories about living under communist rule from his childhood.
All the restaurants he recommended were great and gave us a good introduction to Romanian cuisine. I especially loved eating at Lucica's home in Floresti village, she was such a sweet lady and we got to watch her sheep being milked. What an authentic experience of a Saxon village!
We had heard about bad roads and drivers in Romania and there was a lot of driving on this trip. George is a very good and safe driver, always keeping within the speed limit. His car was very well-kept and we often napped on long drives. we even went through the Transfagarasan Highway easily with no problems. He would even slow down if we needed to take pictures from the car. There was a little hiccup at Peles Castle as they had suddenly changed the programme and we didn't manage to go in. George was very apologetic and offset the cost of the entrance by paying for the lunch at Lucica's. That's how honest he is!
Romania is a beautiful country with very warm people especially in the villages and Touring Romania really made it extra special. We managed to see all the sights we wanted and more. When we tipped him, he was actually worried if we had enough Romanian currency to eat dinner and initially did not want to accept. He also wrote to check in on us after the tour. Had a great experience, was sad when it was over!
I have been a tour manager for school tours and have toured with guides from all over the world. George is one of the most accommodating, caring and honest guides I have met. Highly recommended!
Visited August 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
Seeing Farage's election victory, Prince Charles took the first flight to Bucharest. [...]
`A Future Without Rubbish` is meant to be an educational process to assist locals to realise what great opportunities they have in a clean Transylvania [...]
As you consider your travel plans for 2018, I have been thinking about how I can best show you the heart and soul of Romania. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 115.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 325.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 235.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 225.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 240.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 475.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 390.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 475.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 365.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 750.00€
- Wildlife and Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 6 Days → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1575.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2018 Magical Easter in Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 5 Days - April 12 - April 17, 2018 → From 900.00€