“A Day Trip to Malancrav Village and the Carpathian Mountains”
Reviewed April 8, 2016
March, 2016, was a great month for my family, especially my son, Devannan for a vacation in Romania. A Friend of my husband introduced George from Touring Romania. George is very polite, extremely knowledgeable, professional and well experienced tour guide. He knows about the historic sites, old castles and churches that have historical importance and he explains the work of art in the churches which are very beautiful and elegant.
We were so amazed when we arrived at the village and the hospitality we received from the people in the village. I was attracted by their traditional customs, their way of living and how they are doing their traditional activities.
George also brought us driving around Transylvania, visiting the famous Bran Castle known for its "Dracula" story.
We were much excited, especially my son was very happy when we brought him in the cable car from Balea Waterfall to Balea Lake, a mountain with 2000 meters altitude. The most spectacular view in Romania from the cable car was the Transfagarasan Road crosses the Carpathian Mountains where the mountains were covered with a thick snow.
We were absolutely impressed with George knowledge of the regional details. George is a great asset to Romania and to the tourist field. He have been really helpful, flexible from the first e-mail of communication and quick response too. My son, Devannan simply adore George for his simplicity and being friendly.
Overall we enjoyed the tour and would highly recommend to anyone visiting Romania. Special thanks to George for keeping us informed and entertained throughout the tour. WELL DONE. I give advice and recommendations that no regrets to anyone who wants to use this tour and especially George.
All the best George.
Thila Manirapam - Malaysia - Visited April 2016
Without a doubt, Transylvania's treasures are the Fortified Churches. These churches look more like fortresses and were built 8 centuries ago by the german colonists settled in Transylvania. In the 12th century, a germanic population came into what is today Transylvania and started a new life. This part of Europe was often attacked by invaders such as ottomans or tartars and this is why these churches were built with one, two or even three defensive walls around. This is the concept of a Fortified Church: a place where locals took refuge in case of an invasion. [...]
These are difficult times for the tourism industry because of the Coronavirus pandemic, but we will never give up ! We, at Touring Romania, work close with our partners in Europe. Most of our guests visit more than one country. They come to Romania and visit another one or even two countries while in Europe. [...]
For your journey in Transylvania to be unforgettable, we propose you to taste from the local cuisine [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€