Travel to Transylvania? Well... Visit Turda Salt Mine!
In 1864, Jules Verne wrote the famous `Journey to the center of the Earth`. In 2018, we not gonna take you so deep inside the Earth, but we`ll take you in a journey you`ll never forget.
Turda Salt Mine is a famous place to visit in Romania and one of the most famous Salt Mines in the world. Situated in Transylvania, Turda Salt Mine is one of the most popular destination in Romania with more than 600.000 visitors each year.
The story of extracting salt in Transylvania started 2000 years ago during Roman ocupation. They were the first to dig for salt in this area of Romania. The first historical document about a Salt Mine in Turda dates from almost 750 years ago.
In the 18 hundreds, Turda Salt Mine had 4 big rooms from where the salt was extracted. The lowest point was at 108 meters. Almost 100 years ago, the Salt Mine was closed. It is open for public as a tourist attraction from 1992.
Rudolf and Terezia are the most impresive mines at Turda. At the bottom, you can enjoy a boat ride on the small salt lake down there.
The Salt Mine from Turda welcomes many people with medical problems, especially lungs problems. They can spend many hours each day in the Salt Mine taking the advantage of the salty air. For visitors, there are many attractions: you can play tenis, pool, bowling etc. There is even a concert hall down there.
For those who plan to visit Transylvania, they should know that the temperature inside the Sat Mine is constantly 10 Celsius (50-55F)
When someone decides to visit Transylvania for its Medieval Cities like Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara, a visit at the Turda Salt Mine is a MUST. On Tripadvisor, at "Things to do in Transylvania", Turda Salt Mine is in the top with more than 90% excelebt and very good reviews from travellers who visited Romania.
We are waiting for you in a Private Guided Tour in Transylvania. Here you can have some Travel Ideas for Transylvania, Romania:
One Week in Transylvania
Visit Romania for 2 Weeks
Without a doubt, 2020 was a horrible year for passionate travellers because of the Coronavirus pandemic. Our lives were affected by this and especially tourism was very affected. But, the whole world is waiting for a vaccine against this virus. This means that 2021 has good chances to offer us the possibility of travelling again! [...]
In 1869, Jules Verne created his famous character "Captain Nemo". [...]
Transylvania is the most well known area of Romania and attracts lots of tourists from all over the world. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 120.00€
- 2021 Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- 2021 One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- 2021 One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- 2021 Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- 2021 Communism Bucharest Tour → From 70.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 90.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- 2021 Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 250.00€
- 2021 Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
- 2021 Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- 2021 Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 295.00€
- 2021 Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 275.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- 2021 Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 550.00€
- 2021 Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 425.00€
- 2021 Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- 2021 Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 325.00€
- 2021 Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- 2021 City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 375.00€
- Enjoy Magic of Christmas in Transylvania 5 Days Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- Back in Time: Discover Rural Romania - 11 Days Shared Tour → From 1450.00€
- 2021 Explore Transylvania in One Week - Private Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Explore Wildlife from Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 750.00€
- 2021 Off the Beaten Path: Transylvania and Maramures in 11 Days - Private Tour → From 1375.00€
- Discover Transylvania and Wildlife of Danube Delta - 7 Days Private Guided Tour → From 1095.00€
- 2021 Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Discover Maramures - A Journey Back in Time → From 850.00€
- 2021 Bucovina and Transylvania Treasures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- 2021 A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- 2021 Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Discover Your Roots - Jewish Heritage in Romania - Private Tour in 2 weeks → From 1075.00€
- 2021 Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1100.00€
- 2021 Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 950.00€
- 2021 Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2021 Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 595.00€
- 2021 Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 925.00€
- 2021 Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Enjoy Easter in Maramures - Probably the best experience you can have in Romania! Private Tour From April 15th, 2020 - April 23rd, 2020 → From 1100.00€