How Prince of Wales Fell in Love with Transylvania - Private Tour in 2018!
It is not a secret anymore that Prince of Wales is in love with Romania and especially with rural Transylvania. His Majesty visit Romania almost every year and spends few days in the saxon Villages from Transylvania.
In the late 80's, a british lady - Jessica Douglas-Home - visited Transylvania and learned about the distruction plan of the former communist dictator, Nicolae Ceausescu. The plan was to demolish the villages and instead to build factories and cities for workers. She went back in England and she started Mihai Eminescu Trust - a foundation aimed to save and restore the life of the Villages from Transylvania.
Ceausescu was finished in December 89 and in the early 90, Jessica came back and started the plan to save the Saxon Villages from Transylvania. Prince Charles became the patron of the Foundation and helped restoring lots of Saxon Houses in many villages in Transylvania.
This is how, Prince of Wales fell in love with Transylvania. Since then, he came in Romania almost 20 times and he bought many simple traditional houses in different villages from Transylvania and Maramures, the northwestern part of Romania.
Prince of Wales Houses in Transylvania are located in Viscri and Zalanpatak Villages. His good friend, Count Kalnoky restored few houses in the viilage and one of them became Prince Charle's favourite. Every time, Charles visits Zalanpatak, he stays at his house. Prince of wales's house in Zalanpatak is open for tourists aswell.
Viscri is another Saxon Village dear to Prince of Wales. The village became famous because of Charles. After that everyone discovered what Viscri has to offer more - a fantastic Fortified Church ! Like in Zalanpatak, Prince of Wales owns a traditional house in Viscri Village. A simple blue house, open for tourists aswell.
Prince of Wales fell in love with the archaic way of life of the pasants from Transylvania. He went to Maramures, in the northwestern part of Romania and he discovered there the most traditional area of Romania. He choose Breb Village to by a wooden house, which is recently open for tourists.
I designed some private tours in Transylvania following Prince of Wales steps. I offer to my guests unique experiences: having the accommodation in Prince Charles's private houses. Fore more details, enter HERE:
Many of my guests surprised their friends back home when they decided to travel to Romania. They were asked: `why Romania?` It is a valid question because, at this moment, Romania is not a well known travel destination. [...]
Quite difficult to pronunce - Transfagarasan Road - but, what a fabulous road! [...]
900 years ago, today Transylvania became home for settlers from today Luxembourg and Germany. This population came into what we call today Transylvania at the request of the Hungarian King who was controling the area. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 115.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 325.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 235.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 225.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 240.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 475.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 390.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 475.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 365.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2019 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 875.00€
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 750.00€
- Wildlife and Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 6 Days → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1575.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy the Magic of Easter in Maramures - Private Tour 26-29 April 2019 → From 775.00€
Gilbert, Tel Aviv, Israel" "Ideal tourguide for a success excursion. Thanks, George !"
We spent 4 days trips with George, Director of Touring Romania. [...]