Are you looking for Travel Ideas? Then... Travel to Romania in 2018!
Many of my guests surprised their friends back home when they decided to travel to Romania. They were asked: `why Romania?` It is a valid question because, at this moment, Romania is not a well known travel destination.
The good thing is that all my guests are well and much surprised when they discover Romania. Better to be surprised in a good way rather than coming here with great expectations and be dissapointed :)
Of course all depends on how much time you have to spend in Romania. In order to visit Romania and to get to see the most important sites you need minimum 10 days. I would say best is to have 14 days to explore Romania. This will allow you to visit Transylvania, Maramures, Bucovia and Danube Delta.
Don't be worry ! You'll not get bored in Romania ! It is very diverse.
We have Medieval Transylvania with the famous Castles like Peles, Bran - aka Dracula Castle - or Corvin Castle. Many Saxon Villages with hundreds of years old Fortified Churches. Few of the Fortified Churches from Transylvania are included in Unesco World Heritage: Viscri, Biertan, Prejmer or Valea Viilor.
A private guided tour will take you to discover Brasov, Sibiu, Sighisoara or Cluj cities, maybe the most beautiful cities in Romania.
We use private car with private driver / guide for our tours in Romania. Driving up north, we discover superb area of Maramures, famous in Romania for the "back in time"feeling you get there. It is the place where you will discover the Wooden Churches, 8 of them included in Unesco World Heritage.
Maramures has maybe the most friendly people of Romania and it is the best destination in Romania if you are looking for traditions and rural life.
Crossing the mountains towards north-east, we'll reach Bucovina, the northern part of Moldova. The most famous touristic attraction of Bucovina are the Painted Churches. Orthodox Churches in Romania are fully painted inside, but those from Bucovina are painted also on the walls outside. 8 churches from Bucovina are included in Unesco World Heritage. The most famous Painted Church in Bucovina is Voronet, also known as The Sistine Chappel of the East. My favourite are Moldovita and Sucevita!
After visiting so many castles, fortresses, churches and medieval towns, a journey in Romania will not be complete without an adventure in Danube Delta!
A trip to Danube Delta will show you a magnificient wildlife at the point where Danube River flows into the Black Sea. Danube Delta is home for more than 300 bird species, a paradise for birdwatching! Remote fisherman villages, endless narrow canals, lakes, animals will amaze you ! Not to mention the delicious traditional meals prepared by the ladies in the Delta. We will have Boat Rides in Danube Delta - we use experienced guides in the Delta who knows every corner of this fantstic place.
If you plan a visit in Romania, take a look at this Private Guided Tour in Romania:
There's no secret that the Prince of Wales loves Romania. [...]
Nicolae Ceausescu was for 25 years the President of Communist Romania. [...]
Danube Delta is the only Unesco natural site from Romania. It is the final point of the mighty Danube River. After starting in the Black Forest Mountains from Germany and crossing many countries, Danube River flows into the Black Sea in Romania. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 115.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 325.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 235.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 225.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 240.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 525.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 390.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 550.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 365.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2019 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 975.00€
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 850.00€
- Wildlife and Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 6 Days → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1650.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1675.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1050.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 975.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy the Magic of Easter in Maramures - Private Tour 26-29 April 2019 → From 775.00€
Simone - London, UK" “Fantastic guide, knowledgeable, personable and proffesional”
As he has spent time as a journalist too his knowledge in other areas is extensive making interesting conversation. [...]