A Romanian Meadow for a Royal Nephew
Actually it's true. Prince Charles, indeed, came to Romania few days after recent European elections, though Nigel Farage's success did not play any role. It was just one of the regular, private visits His Royal Highness has paid in the last sixteen years.
Nevertheless, it was for the first time Prince Charles spoke at length about his fall in love with Romania. He gave an interview to the most popular Romanian TV station - ProTV - and had a speech at Bucharest University, agreeing to become its honorary doctor.
"I have come to love Romania for its unique and unspoiled natural beauty, its fascinating patchwork of landscapes and rural communities, each with their own diverse customs, together with the astonishingly rich biodiversity over countryside that is truly an European and international treasure", he said.
While in Romania, Charles bought for his Royal nephew - Prince George - a beautiful meadow in Transylvania.
The well-known British botanist, John Akeroyd (author of Collins Wild Guide - Flowers of Britain and Ireland), has accompanied Prince Charles during his visits for 12 years now.
”He just loves this landscape in Romania, because that is the sort of landscape he remembers as a child”, Akeroyd said. "This sort of grasslands full of flowers have disappeared over most of Europe over last 30-40-50 years, especially in Northern and Western Europe from where I come from. In England we have lost 98 percent of our flowery hay meadows since the Second World War."
2014, 04th June
Seeing Farage's election victory, Prince Charles took the first flight to Bucharest. This funny campaign is meant to combat brits' preconceptions about Romania.
It is not a secret anymore that Prince of Wales is in love with Romania and especially with rural Transylvania. His Majesty visit Romania almost every year and spends few days in the saxon Villages from Transylvania. [...]
Something that we all knew here in Romania - Lonely Planet declared Transylvania to be the Top Choice Travel Destination for 2016. [...]
Nicolae Ceausescu was for 25 years the President of Communist Romania. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 115.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 275.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 425.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 350.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 425.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 695.00€
- Wildlife and Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 6 Days → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1295.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 795.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1450.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- 2018 Magical Easter in Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 5 Days - April 12 - April 17, 2018 → From 900.00€