A Romanian Meadow for a Royal Nephew
Actually it's true. Prince Charles, indeed, came to Romania few days after recent European elections, though Nigel Farage's success did not play any role. It was just one of the regular, private visits His Royal Highness has paid in the last sixteen years.
Nevertheless, it was for the first time Prince Charles spoke at length about his fall in love with Romania. He gave an interview to the most popular Romanian TV station - ProTV - and had a speech at Bucharest University, agreeing to become its honorary doctor.
"I have come to love Romania for its unique and unspoiled natural beauty, its fascinating patchwork of landscapes and rural communities, each with their own diverse customs, together with the astonishingly rich biodiversity over countryside that is truly an European and international treasure", he said.
While in Romania, Charles bought for his Royal nephew - Prince George - a beautiful meadow in Transylvania.
The well-known British botanist, John Akeroyd (author of Collins Wild Guide - Flowers of Britain and Ireland), has accompanied Prince Charles during his visits for 12 years now.
”He just loves this landscape in Romania, because that is the sort of landscape he remembers as a child”, Akeroyd said. "This sort of grasslands full of flowers have disappeared over most of Europe over last 30-40-50 years, especially in Northern and Western Europe from where I come from. In England we have lost 98 percent of our flowery hay meadows since the Second World War."
2014, 04th June
Seeing Farage's election victory, Prince Charles took the first flight to Bucharest. This funny campaign is meant to combat brits' preconceptions about Romania.
In 1864, Jules Verne wrote the famous `Journey to the center of the Earth`. In 2018, we not gonna take you so deep inside the Earth, but we`ll take you in a journey you`ll never forget. [...]
Many of my guests surprised their friends back home when they decided to travel to Romania. They were asked: `why Romania?` It is a valid question because, at this moment, Romania is not a well known travel destination. [...]
Romania has one of the most spectacular roads in the whole world. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 115.00€
- Wildlife in Danube Delta - One Day Guided Tour from Bucharest → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Wildlife Adventure in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 2 Days from Bucharest → From 325.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 235.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 225.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 240.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 475.00€
- Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 3 Days → From 390.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 475.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 365.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- 2019 Best of Romania: Transylvania and Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 8 Days → From 875.00€
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 750.00€
- Wildlife and Birding in Danube Delta - Guided Tour in 6 Days → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1375.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 950.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1575.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 1300.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 975.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€
- Enjoy the Magic of Easter in Maramures - Private Tour 26-29 April 2019 → From 775.00€
Simone - London, UK" “Fantastic guide, knowledgeable, personable and proffesional”
As he has spent time as a journalist too his knowledge in other areas is extensive making interesting conversation. [...]
John Creighton - Seatle, United States" "Custom Tours by Knowledgeable, Engaging Local Guide”
I found George and his company, Touring Romania, online and was able to book a full day tour by car that covered a huge amount of ground. [...]