Communism Bucharest Tour
You'll hear the sad story of Romania under communist regime from the end of the Second World War until 1989. How Bucharest was devasted by the Communist Party Dictator, Nicolae Ceausescu.
Duration: 4 hours
Availability: all year
With this Private Tour you'll get the chance to find out about the sad history of Bucharest and Romania during The Communist Regime.
We'll tell you all about how communism changed the face of Romania and Bucharest after the Second World War when the communist came to power.
We'll tell you the story of how the Royal Family was forced to leave Romania after WW2. You'll learn about the suffering of anti-communism fighters, majority of them killed in communist jails.
We'll go together in parts of Bucharest that were completely transformed by the "vision"of Nicolae Ceausescu, the former communist dictator in Romania.
You'll visit the imense Palace of The Parliament, initialy called "House of the People" - Ceausescu's insane idea of constructing the biggest non-military building in the world. And, for doing this, one third of Bucharest was erased from the face of the world. Many churches distroyed, people left without their houses.
We'll visit places in Bucharest where more than 1000 were killed during the December 1989 Revolution. We'll walk through the Revolution Square - the place where the former dictator held his last speech and where the Revolution took place. Also, we'll go in the University Square, where many youngsters were killed in December 1989.
In the time when Romanians were freezing to death in their small apartments blocks without electric energy and with nothing to eat, the Comunist Party Leaders had a life full with everything. We'll visit the neighborhood were Ceausescu and his loyal comunists lived.
At the end, we'll go to Ghencea Cemetery, were Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife, Elena are burried. They were executed in December 1989. Now, year after year, some nostalgic communists came to their grave to pay their's respect.
Unfortunately for Romania, the communism way of doing politic didn't end in 1989. In the following years after Revolution, Romania and especialy Bucharest passed through difficult periods of time: masive anti-communist rallies in June 1990 were smashed with violence under the new regime instaurated after 1989.
I will personaly conduct the tour - when the Revolution took place in 1989 I was 10 and I was on the streets with my father, so I have a personal perspective of all that happend during those days.
From min 7:00 - Ceausescu's last speech and his moments of panic when hundreds of thousands of people began shouting against him and communism. At that moment, Romanians found out that the Regime is over!
World News Reports about Romanian Revolution - 1989
|2 or more persons *||40|
* price per person
*** for 1 to 4 persons, we'll use a private car - fuel included
*** for more than 4 persons, we'll use Public Transport, a way to understand better the way of life of Romanians
- tourguide with all infos, stories about Romanian Modern History
- entry tickets to Palace of the Parliament
- public transport tickets
Tariff will not include:
- photo fees where need it
- For booking this Private Tour you need to pay in advance a deposit, which will be agreed in advance between parties. For more info, feel free to contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries you may use this form and we will answer immediately
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day – Private Tour → From 125.00€
- Danube Delta in One Day - Private Tour → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Danube Delta Adventure in 2 Days – Private Tour (all meals included) → From 275.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 395.00€
- City-Break in Danube Delta - Private Tour - 3 days → From 350.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Tour - 3 days → From 295.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Tour - 7 days → From 695.00€
- Supreme Adventure: Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 675.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1350.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private tour - 14 days → From 1325.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania – Private Tour – 11 Days → From 1100.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Tour - 8 days → From 775.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Tour - 8 days → From 825.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- 2017 Magical Easter in Maramures - Private Tour 6 Days → From 850.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Tour → From 875.00€