“The unmissable allure of the Delta Danube”
Reviewed June 28, 2015
The Delta Danube is definitely worth adding to any itinerary on a trip to Romania.
We started our journey from Bucharest where we were picked up by our friendly guide George. The day started early but not as early as some trips I've been on. We were able to get some rest in the car as George is not one of the mad drivers you see in many places, however getting rest meant missing out on some beautiful scenic villages en route.
Once at Sulina it's takes about 1.5 hours to get to Tulcea but the journey itself was breathtaking. You can see all types of birds following the boat and the houses on the banks are fascinating many with thatched roofs.
Once at our destination it was time to decamp to a much smaller boat which took us through the canals of the Delta where we could see the wildlife at a slower pace, but much closer. We were fortunate enough to see bitterns, pelicans, different species of herons, snakes, frogs, turtles. The boat ride took us from narrow channels to large open spaces so the fauna and wildlife was quite varied.
We stopped of for food in a local women's house where we had traditional Romanian fair with fish and an amazing garlic sauce. The food was plentiful and very tasty.
George was the perfect host and had planned the day brilliantly. He is both attentive and good at knowing when to give you space and is very accommodating. He loves his job and this area and this shows through.
The day was long but it was worth it as it's such a contrast to the city and a unique place to visit. I would thoroughly recommend a day trip here and with Touring Romania.
Simone Holyer, London, UK, Visited May 2015
In Romania, you`ll discover unspoiled nature, breathtaking landscapes, rich culture heritage, castles, fortresses, very old churches and an authentic rural life in Romania`s villages. [...]
As you consider your travel plans for 2018, I have been thinking about how I can best show you the heart and soul of Romania. [...]
Joe Biden and his wife Jill were in Bucharest for a 2 day official visit. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 125.00€
- Danube Delta in One Day - Private Guided Tour → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Guided Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Guided Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Danube Delta Adventure in 2 Days - Private Guided Tour (all meals included) → From 275.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 425.00€
- City-Break in Danube Delta - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 350.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 4 days → From 425.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Guided Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 695.00€
- 2018 Magical Easter in Maramures - Private Guided Tour in 5 Days - April 12 - April 17, 2018 → From 900.00€
- Supreme Adventure: Danube Delta - Private Guided Tour → From 625.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1295.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 795.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private Guided Tour - 14 days → From 1450.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Guided Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania - Private Guided Tour - 11 Days → From 1150.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 850.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Guided Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Guided Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Guided Tour → From 875.00€