A Romanian Meadow for a Royal Nephew
Actually it's true. Prince Charles, indeed, came to Romania few days after recent European elections, though Nigel Farage's success did not play any role. It was just one of the regular, private visits His Royal Highness has paid in the last sixteen years.
Nevertheless, it was for the first time Prince Charles spoke at length about his fall in love with Romania. He gave an interview to the most popular Romanian TV station - ProTV - and had a speech at Bucharest University, agreeing to become its honorary doctor.
"I have come to love Romania for its unique and unspoiled natural beauty, its fascinating patchwork of landscapes and rural communities, each with their own diverse customs, together with the astonishingly rich biodiversity over countryside that is truly an European and international treasure", he said.
While in Romania, Charles bought for his Royal nephew - Prince George - a beautiful meadow in Transylvania.
The well-known British botanist, John Akeroyd (author of Collins Wild Guide - Flowers of Britain and Ireland), has accompanied Prince Charles during his visits for 12 years now.
”He just loves this landscape in Romania, because that is the sort of landscape he remembers as a child”, Akeroyd said. "This sort of grasslands full of flowers have disappeared over most of Europe over last 30-40-50 years, especially in Northern and Western Europe from where I come from. In England we have lost 98 percent of our flowery hay meadows since the Second World War."
2014, 04th June
Seeing Farage's election victory, Prince Charles took the first flight to Bucharest. This funny campaign is meant to combat brits' preconceptions about Romania.
Joe Biden and his wife Jill were in Bucharest for a 2 day official visit. [...]
There's no secret that the Prince of Wales loves Romania. [...]
Seeing Farage's election victory, Prince Charles took the first flight to Bucharest. [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day – Private Tour → From 125.00€
- Danube Delta in One Day - Private Tour → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Danube Delta Adventure in 2 Days – Private Tour (all meals included) → From 275.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 395.00€
- City-Break in Danube Delta - Private Tour - 3 days → From 350.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Tour - 3 days → From 295.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Tour - 7 days → From 695.00€
- 2018 Magical Easter in Maramures - Private Tour in 5 Days - April 12 - April 17, 2018 → From 900.00€
- Supreme Adventure: Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 675.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1350.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private tour - 14 days → From 1325.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania – Private Tour – 11 Days → From 1100.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Tour - 8 days → From 775.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Tour - 8 days → From 825.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Tour → From 875.00€