Few places in Europe gather together so many natural beauties and religious medieval art masterpieces as in Bucovina.
Only few places in Europe gather together so many natural beautiful places and religious medieval art masterpieces as Bucovina. This land with hills and mountains lays in the northern part of Romania, neighboring the wooden churches from Maramures. This is where the first Romanian rulers, who established the Moldavian Principality, came. The Byzantine culture flourished in the 15th and 16th centuries, after the fall of Constantinopol.
It was Stephen the Great and Petru Rareș rulers’ time, a period of a permanent Turks’ threat, of the Tartars’ incursions and of the battles with Hungarians. After winning a great battle, Stephan used to build a church or a monastery, establishments painted in the exterior a few decades later.
An Occident and Orient summary of Gothic and Byzantine styles, the eight exterior painted churches from Bucovina are registered in UNESCO World Heritage: Arbore, Humor, Moldovița, Pătrăuți, Probota, Voroneț , "Saint George" from Suceava and Sucevița. The architecture belongs to the western, gothic inspiration- lithe, single spire churches, with strong counter forces - and the painting is of Byzantine inspiration.
Christians took revenge for the Constantinopol siege on the greatly painted walls; rivers of fire take down the sinners to hell while the right ones are conducted on the virtue stairs towards Heaven. At the exterior, the paintings are an illustrated catechesis for Christians; inside – it seems they participate to a liturgy in committing the Holly Sacraments.
A little more to the south, in Moldavia's heart, you will be impressed by the intense spiritual life of the great Romanian monasteries. Few moments are more uplifting, for instance, rather than their participation to a ceremony at one of Orthodox monasteries from the base of the legendary Ceahlău mountain – Neamț, Secu, Sihăstria, Bistrița or Pângărați, Agapia or Văratec. The large number of monasteries and the reputation of the father confessors brought its fame to the Balkans and to the Orthodox world, being considered, just as Athos Mountain, a real "Virgin Mary’s Garden”.
In Romania, you`ll discover unspoiled nature, breathtaking landscapes, rich culture heritage, castles, fortresses, very old churches and an authentic rural life in Romania`s villages. [...]
Something that we all knew here in Romania - Lonely Planet declared Transylvania to be the Top Choice Travel Destination for 2016. [...]
How the idea came, how I started, why I quit my television job etc [...]
Only one free day ? No problem ! We'll show you few splendors of Romania: Bran and Peles Famous Castles, Brasov, Sibiu or Sighisoara Medieval Cities or the Fascinating Wild Danube Delta
- Famous Castles of Romania in One Day – Private Tour → From 125.00€
- Danube Delta in One Day - Private Tour → From 135.00€
- One Day in the Sky: Transfagarasan Highway - Private Tour → From 80.00€
- One Day on the Beach! → From 75.00€
- Discover Bucharest - Private Tour → From 65.00€
- Communism Bucharest Tour → From 40.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Tour → From 75.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Tour → From 75.00€
With 2 free days, you'll have the chance to enjoy more of the Medieval Transylvania, amazing Transfagarasan Road or the Wildlife from Danube Delta, the only natural place from Romania in Unesco World Hertage
- Danube Delta Adventure in 2 Days – Private Tour (all meals included) → From 275.00€
- Famous Castles of Romania - Private Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Top Gear Favorite Road: Transfagarasan - Private Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
- Charming Sibiu - Private Tour - 2 days → From 195.00€
- Sighisoara: Pearl of Transylvania - Private Tour - 2 days → From 215.00€
Excelent opportunity to discover better Transylvania, Danube Delta, Black Sea or even Bucovina of the Painted Monasteries. 3 or 4 days will give you enough time to enjoy beautiful places of Romania
- Discover Transylvania - Private Tour - 4 days (Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu) → From 395.00€
- City-Break in Danube Delta - Private Tour - 3 days → From 350.00€
- Three Days in the Sky - Amazing Roads of Romania: Transalpina and Transfagarasan - Private Tour - 3 days → From 325.00€
- Summer City-Break: Danube Delta and Black Sea! → From 295.00€
- Bucovina Monasteries, Via Transylvania - Private Tour - 4 days → From 450.00€
- City-Break in Transylvania - Private Tour - 3 days → From 295.00€
- Enjoy 3 Christmas Markets from Transylvania: Sibiu, Sighisoara and Brasov - Private Tour → From 400.00€
This is the best way to explore Romania ! We designed tours up to 2 weeks to cover all beautiful Romania. Medieval Transylvania, Traditional Maramures, Spiritual Bucovina or Wild Danube Delta are witing for you !
- One Week in Transylvania - Private Tour - 7 days → From 695.00€
- Supreme Adventure: Danube Delta - Private Tour → From 675.00€
- A journey back in time: Countryside Life from Transylvania and Maramures → From 1350.00€
- Saxon Legacy in Transylvania - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Great tour of Romania - Private tour - 14 days → From 1325.00€
- Amazing Roads of Romania: Transfagarasan and Transalpina in 5 days - Private Tour → From 450.00€
- Unesco World Heritage from Romania – Private Tour – 11 Days → From 1100.00€
- Wooden Churches from Maramures - Private Tour - 8 days → From 775.00€
- Bucovina and Transylvania Treasure - Private Tour - 8 days → From 825.00€
- Live like a King - Prince of Wales Favorite Places in Romania - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Enjoy Romania in One Week - Private Tour - 8 days → From 875.00€
- Romania`s communist past - Private Tour - 7 days → From 625.00€
- 2017 Magical Easter in Maramures - Private Tour 6 Days → From 850.00€
- Danube Delta Great Adventure - 9 Days Private Tour → From 875.00€